Allison Sutter systematically eliminated fear and negativity from her life. Once she did, she became more relaxed, happier and wealthier. She wants to show you how to stop the negative thoughts that are preventing you from becoming your best self.
Her experience inspired her to become a transformation coach, so she started Living 360 Coaching. As a success and leadership coach, she says you must address two main things if you want to make progress in your professional and personal life: self image and self awareness.
She is currently working on a book called 5 Stars – Write, Direct and Produce an Award Winning Life. In addition to helping out clients, she also helps her children build their own amazing lives using the principals she has learned. In fact, her 12-year-old daughter is currently working on her second book!
Allison taught elementary school for many years, but stopped once her first child was born. She always knew that she wanted to get back into teaching in some form, but wasn’t sure how. She eventually became C.H.E.K certified, and now uses her passion for teaching to help businesses and individuals to become more self aware and to follow their passions.
Key UnStuckable Takeaway
Become self aware!
Allison believes it’s selfish not know what you want or admit what you really want if you already know. Everyone deserves to follow their passions, and you are no different. Be more mindful of how you are spending your day and how you are using your energies. Make sure these actions are lining up with your goals.
Quick Action to Get Unstuck
Write down what you want.
If you don’t sit down and focus on what you want, you’re never going to get what you want! Writing things down makes us realize what we think we are thinking. It allows us to view our thoughts in a different way, which is key to becoming unstuck.
UnStuckable Quotes From Allison
“I realized I’m not living the life that I want, and If I’m not doing that, I can’t look my children in the eyes and tell them to do it.”
“I sort of threw my hands up and said ‘Universe, show me the way’ .”
“I was sick of living in fear.”
“You have to ask yourself ‘What do I want more of?'”
“Most people have practiced a behavior so long, they don’t realize they have a choice.”
“You can have a lot on your plate and still feel good.”
“Growth is part of why we are here.”
“In my house, we play a lot. Because when you play, you get to decide what you want to do.”
“If you love what you do, you’re not going to stop.”
More Habits & Actions
- Focus more on the positive, rather than the negative. Once Allison realized she had been spending so much of her time focusing on the wrong things, it opened up new possibilities for her. You have to change your mindset.
- Become more aware of your unconscious thoughts because these are what drive your day to day actions. Take some time to analyze why you are doing what you’re doing.
- Allison says a big step for her was pointing herself toward solutions, rather than problems. She says for example, that if you are in debt, focus on building abundance rather than how to get yourself out of debt.
- Don’t let yourself feel overwhelmed. Feeling overwhelmed is a negative feeling we attach to having a lot to do. You may have a lot on your plate, but you don’t have to feel bad about it.
- Allison says to get started changing your mindset, pick one or two new things to try. Do them over and over and over again until they are programmed into your brain. How we learn things and how habits are formed is through repetition.
- Know what you want. You have to be able to identify it, articulate it and write it down. Take some time to relax and think it over, then write it down.
Questions & Feedback
Thank you for listening. If you like something you heard in the show, let Allison, Chris and Stephen know by tweeting us @unstuckable
If you’re a big fan of the Unstuckable podcast and think it can help other people get unstuck in their careers, please rate and review it on iTunes by clicking here.
Thank you for for your support and let’s get unstuck!