Personal chef and entrepreneur Ronsley believes if you want to make a big change in your career it starts with what you eat. He’s serious. He has also learned entrepreneurs don’t follow fad diets, they generally design their diet based on their own unique nutritional needs.
After studying software engineering, he started working in India for a year, but felt that it wasn’t for him. As he had always felt a calling towards food, he decided to open up his own restaurant.
Now his company specializes in providing business professionals with nutritious meals, who don’t always have the time to make them themselves. He started the podcast in an attempt to get people to better understand their relationship with food.
Key UnStuckable Takeaway
Your diet is a good measure of where your life is headed!
It’s hard to excel in one area of your life if there are other parts dragging you down. Chances are if you have a poor diet, you work life may be not going as well as you’d like.
Conversely, people with successful work lives tend to have a good diet as well. Having control over your diet takes will power and persistence, something you will need to be able to succeed in the other areas of your life.
Quick Action to Get Unstuck
Listen to what your conversations are before, during, and after you eat food.
Are you hungry? Have you filled yourself up? Do you have more energy after you eat? These are the type of questions you should be asking yourself about your meals. This will give you a good idea if you are eating the right foods.
UnStuckable Quotes From Ronsley
“I realized that I wanted to start my own business.”
“First I needed to find what I wanted to.”
“I was the guy who was invited to barbecues, just so I would be at the barbecues.”
“Listen to your body.”
“If you’re eating chips in front of the television, you have time to do other things.”
“What you put in, I can guarantee that’s what you will get out.”
“I think having hunger and obesity on the same planet is stupid.”
“I hope processed food becomes the new smoking.”
More Habits & Actions
- Ronsley has interviewed many entrepreneurs. He has noticed that all of them started off by fixing their nutrition first.
- Different foods effect people in different ways. Pay attention to your body, and know that every one is different when it comes to how they react to food.
- If a food makes you sleepy, says Ronsley, you probably shouldn’t be eating that particular food.
- Drink a large glass of water as soon as you wake up. This will refresh your body and get your metabolism going.
- Make extra portions when you cook and store the leftovers in the freezer. This will cut down on your meal preparation time for the week.
- Need recipe ideas? Simply type whatever ingredients you have in your home into Google and see what you can find!
Questions & Feedback
Thank you for listening. If you like something you heard in the show, let Ronsley, Chris and Stephen know by tweeting us @unstuckable
If you’re a big fan of the Unstuckable podcast and think it can help other people get unstuck in their careers, please rate and review it on iTunes by clicking here.
Thank you for for your support and let’s get unstuck!