Myke Macapinlac is a dating coach from Calgary. As the founder of Social Man Project, he teaches men the four pillars of becoming their best selves. He is also the author of the Magnetic Dating Bootcamp Manual, which teaches men how to be more confident and build relationships with women.
Myke immigrated to Canada from the Middle East when he was a teenager. For much of his young life he battled through bulimia and depression. He was able to find early career success through his studies in engineering, but was unhappy because his career left him unfulfilled.
After he was let go from his job due to the 2008 recession, he was forced to find a new opportunity. He took his job loss as a blessing and started trying out different occupations. By the age of 25 he had nine different careers, all in different fields. It wasn’t until a financial adviser gave him a loan and some advice to go follow his passion.
Now Myke helps men feel more confident and live their ideal lives. He says he was able to start his business by aligning his actions with his ideal lifestyle.
Key UnStuckable Takeaway
Act with integrity towards your goals!
All of your thoughts, words, and actions need to be in alignment towards your goals. Think about what your ideal lifestyle might look like.
Then start lining up your daily actions to meet your goals to achieve your desired lifestyle. Don’t let your actions or your thoughts stray from where you want to go. Every minute of your day should be aligned with your ideal lifestyle.
Only by acting with integrity and intention toward our goals can we truly get to where we want to be.
Quick Action to Get Unstuck
Make eye contact with someone.
Myke says that the best way to build confidence is through little victories. By starting off small and building momentum as you go, you set yourself up for long term success.
If you want to overcome your shyness for example, Myke suggests doing little things like making eye contact with someone until you can remember their eye color.
Simple exercises like this will eventually snowball and you’ll begin to feel more confident. These little tasks may not seem like they are accomplishing much in the short term, but you will be setting yourself up for long-term success.
UnStuckable Quotes From Myke
“Live a life worth getting out of bed for.”
“I’ve noticed a lot of people are living out of alignment.”
“I was living other people’s expectations, and that’s why I was unhappy.”
“When you’re stuck, you’re in this cloud of ambiguity.”
“Because I don’t know what’s going to happen, I can make anything happen.”
“There are always going to be people better than you.”
“You need to act with integrity – you need to be in alignment with your thoughts, your words and your actions. ”
“Be very clear on what you want.”
“There’s no minute in my day that I don’t like.”
“What makes someone Unstuckable is someone that acts despite how they feel.”
More Habits & Actions
- Create a structure that works for you and your day. Everyone is different. Find a schedule and a routine that works for your current situation, but make sure you stick to it.
- Myke sets aside the first fours hours of his day to work.
- Each night before bed, Myke writes down what he is going to do during those first four hours in the morning. He also circles the most important task to make sure it is handled first.
- Become clear on your goals. How much money do you want to make? How many clients do you want? What should the client’s experience be like? Ask yourself questions and define your goals.
- Take action, regardless of how you feel. Even if it is just a small step, it is better than taking no step at all. No matter how you are feeling that day, try and at least get a little bit done.
- Use life’s ambiguity as an asset, not a crutch. Myke says that we don’t know what is going to happen in life, so we can make it anything we want it to be.
Questions & Feedback
Thank you for listening. If you like something you heard in the show, let Myke, Chris and Stephen know by tweeting us @unstuckable
If you’re a big fan of the Unstuckable podcast and think it can help other people get unstuck in their careers, please rate and review it on iTunes by clicking here.
Thank you for for your support and let’s get unstuck!