Navid Moazzez is a lifestyle entrepreneur living in Stockholm, Sweden. He says if you’ve always wanted to build a business around your lifestyle, act now before you even think you are ready, so you can start living your dream lifestyle!
He recently launched the podcast, Lifestyle Architects to teach people how to build online businesses, so they can live life on their own terms. He spent approximately three years in law school only to discover he didn’t want to become a lawyer. He started traveling and was exposed to people with career paths that enable them to work from anywhere.
Navid admits he spent it took him over a year to get his online business off the ground. The death of his brother a sort time ago showed him how short life can be and inspired him to take action before he was ready.
Key UnStuckable Takeaway
Take action even before you think you are ready!
Most of us get stuck and stay stuck because we stay in our own heads too long. Taking action will always trump thinking in terms of get you unstuck.
Navid admits he wished he took more action once he discovered he no longer wanted to become a lawyer. Over time he realized the benefit of acting before he was ready because it provided him with more experience to take his thoughts in new directions, instead of staying stuck in the same place.
The only way you can ever get unstuck is by interacting with the outside world and engaging other people. Thinking alone creates barriers to taking action. The only way you’ll ever find your answer is by trying an experiment. Over thinking your possible actions will only waste your time and keep you stuck.
Quick Action to Get Unstuck
Find like-minded people who are doing what you want to do.
If you are a regular listener of the UnStuckable podcast, you’ve heard this piece of advice fairly regularly from our guests. There is no single habit that can increase your probability for helping you achieve your goal or making a big change in your life than hanging out with like-minded people.
Here are three ways to go and find your people:
1. Go to MeetUp.com and find local groups in your area focus on your passion or what you would like to learn more about.
2. Find five people on LinkedIn you would like to meet. Send them an email about why you admire their work and ask them about conferences, workshops or networking groups they can recommend to meet other people like them.
3. Search for a forum online like Navid did about a subject or topic that interests you. Don’t just read the posts, ask questions and start engaging people, so you can build relationships.
UnStuckable Quotes From Navid
“A lifestyle entrepreneur focuses on their lifestyle first and their business second.”
“Ask yourself these three questions before you start a business: What’s your passion? What are you good at? How can you make money?”
“I was passionate about helping and inspiring other people. That’s how I found my path.”
“Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes you have to create your own reasons to take action.”
“Exercise is a game changer . . . it will make you more productive.”
“If you don’t like exercise, think of it as something that can make you more money.”
“I want to get as much early on the day as possible.”
“Having a morning ritual is so important to achieving your highest potential in life.”
“Someone who is UnStuckable isn’t afraid to live outside their comfort zone.”
“Entrepreneurship is about experimentation.”
“No moment is wasted if you learn the lessons contained in every experience.” Robert Greenwald
More Habits & Actions
- Navid enjoys being a lifestyle entrepreneur because of the freedom to be able to work from anywhere.
- When he discovered a career in law wasn’t his calling, he felt like he wasted three years of his life. He has come to realize he gained valuable experience from his legal studies that he now uses in alternative ways.
- In 2012 he met a mentor in the Warrior Forum to help him learn how to start an online business.
- It took Navid over a year to get his online business off the ground.
- Before you set up your business, assess which skills you need to acquire to help you run your business. Then start learning those skills.
- Navid interviewed a lot of entrepreneurs before he started his business to learn about how they became successful.
- The death of his brother a year ago showed him how short life can be and the importance of taking action.
- Navid discovered waking up a little earlier every day helped him achieve so much more throughout the day.
- At the time he started his business, he was working for a bank. As his business made more money, he reduced the time he spent working at the bank.
- Navid believes the two most important habits for getting unstuck are reading about subjects you are passionate about and hanging around like-minded people.
- To start his day, Navid drinks a bottle of water.
- To make the most of each day, he plans his day the night before.
- As Navid learned about business, marketing and branding he wrote about his journey and shared it online, which helped him build an audience.
- A lifestyle entrepreneur is someone who builds their business around their lifestyle.
- To control his time, Stephen lives by the mantra, “automate, delegate or eliminate”.
Questions & Feedback
Thank you for listening. If you like something you heard in the show, let Navid, Chris and Stephen know by tweeting us @unstuckable
If you’re a big fan of the Unstuckable podcast and think it can help other people get unstuck in their careers, please rate and review it on iTunes by clicking here.
Thank you for for your support and let’s get unstuck!